When: Sep 19, 2017 11:00 AM
Location: AuditNet LLC
Ticket Price: $0.00
Webinar Series Overview: In today’s world, fraud investigations have become an everyday part of corporate life and the auditor must gain expertise in this area.
The 8 part series will cover the tasks of the fraud auditor, Forensic techniques and tools and the abilities required of the fraud auditor, the type and nature of common frauds, investigating fraud, computer fraud and control, white collar crime, the auditor in court.
This eight-webinar series, each of 2 hours, is intended to sharpen the skills of auditors in assisting in the uncovering and reporting of fraud, waste, abuse and other irregularities.
Learning ObjectivesBy the end of the 8, 2-hour webinar sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the concepts underlining Fraud and Forensic Accounting
- Identify the sources and indicators of Internal Fraud
- Define the essential components of Fraud Detection
- Comprehend the overall structure of IT Fraud Investigation
- Understand the methodologies of Investigating by Computer
- Identify, obtain and preserve Digital Evidence
- Carry out Data Analytics Techniques
- Describe Creative Fraud Identification Techniques
- Report the results of the Forensic Investigation
Data Analytics (IT Fraud Series Part 6 of 8)
- Probability theory in Data Analysis
- Types of Evidence
- Population Analysis
- Correlations and Regressions
- Fraud Detection using Data Analysis
- Data analysis and Continuous Monitoring
- Continuous Auditing
- Financial Analysis
The workshop is aimed primarily at auditors who are working in a high IT fraud-potential environment as well as:
- Bankers and financiers
- Directors and business development executives from the corporate world
- Accountants and Lawyers
Richard Cascarino, CIA, CISM, CFE is a consultant and lecturer with over 30 years experience in Risk, Audit, Governance, Forensic, Internal and IT auditing education and author of the books Internal Auditing-an Integrated Approach and Auditor’s Guide to Information Systems Auditing and the book Corporate Fraud and Internal Control: A Framework for Prevention published by Wiley, and the book “Data Analytics for Internal Auditors due out in April 2017. He is also a contributing author to the Governance section of Finance: The Ultimate Resource and is a frequent speaker at IIA, ACFE and ISACA courses and conferences.
He is a Past President of the IIA – South Africa and founded the African Region of the IIA Inc. He is also a member of the Board of Regents for Higher Education of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He is a member of the Board of Regents (Higher Education) for the ACFE.
- Date: September 19, 2017
- Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern U.S.
- CPE: 2.0 Credits (Note: non-subscribers and non site license users $10 processing fee for CPE)
- Program Level / Prerequisites and Advance Preparation: Basic / None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Cost: Individual: $0 for Subscribers and Site License Users Free Limited seating with preference for Registered AuditNet Subscribers (excluding free) and Site License Users. Non subscribers and non site license users may attend and view for free but if CPE is requested there will be a $20 processing fee.